Clover’s computer lab is 100% funded by the Clover Ave Booster Club, and we need your help to continue this program next year!
Behind Clover’s computer lab program is the belief that in order to thrive in a 21st century world, all children, by the time they finish elementary school, should:
- Feel comfortable using a computer for a variety of uses.
- Be able to use the Internet as a resource safely and efficiently.
- Be able to use a full range of standard software, including programs for: word processing, spreadsheets, presentations/publications, and image production and manipulation.
- Develop proficient touch‐typing skills.
- Understand how websites work and how to use basic html code.
- Understand the logical foundations of coding and be able to execute basic coding operations such as print statements, conditional statements, input statements, and loops in a graphical environment such as Scratch.
- Learn how to execute the same basic coding operations in a computer language, such as Python.
Kinder through 5th grade students receive thirty weekly sessions of computer instruction in Clover’s computer lab. The curriculum includes modularized, four-to-six week lessons on all the topics above designed to be age and grade appropriate. Clover’s computer lab program is taught by Dr. Tiffani Chin, Executive Director of Edboost.
Please visit the galleries below to view art, animations, stories, and presentations created by our students in the 2022-23 school year!